BAFFC car.png

When BAFFC was formed in April 2008, we saw the need to provide transport for our local cancer patients for their appointments/treatments which mainly in Adelaide.  We are working hard to raise  money and liaise with the Barossa Council to be part of the fleet to purchase two cars for us.  These two cars require to be replaced every 2 years or every 100,000 kms whichever comes first.​

For BAFFC to manage these cars that means we have to keep raising money in order to have enough fund to replace these cars when they are due for replacement.  The donations from public are very much appreciated, as the money you give us will stay and benefit local people who are travelling with cancer.  We all know when you are diagnosed with cancer, it can be very costly. 

Our cars are driven by volunteer drivers who are fully trained, assessed and security cleared. These drivers are managed by the Barossa Council.​

To use these cars you must be a resident of The Barossa Council or Light Regional Council and be transport disadvantaged. This might mean you don’t have a licence, a car or can’t drive because of age or health reasons.​

The fees are subsidised, standard fares can be found in the fees and charges register.  Your carer or companion can travel with you at no cost. Hardship allowances may apply.

People aged 65 years and over (50 and over for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people) must be registered and referred by My Aged Care before using the service for the first time. This can be done by calling 1800 200 422 or at​

People under 65 (50 for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people) can contact the Barossa Council to register on 8563 8411 – Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm or email

Cars must be booked in advance, two or three weeks notice is ideal. However, The Barossa Council Transport Co-ordinator will do their best to help with your request at shorter notice where cars are available.​

When you book your car please let the Transport Team know you are attending a cancer related appointment and they will post you a letter and form explaining how to claim reimbursement from BAFFC.  When you travel you pay the driver for your transport and will be given a receipt.  Please keep the receipt and return it along with the completed form as detailed in the letter.  See below the mentioned form.

Reimbursement Form.jpg